I am a passionate security professional with ten (10) years of working experience in the field of mitigating risk. I will have a B.A. in Security Management with a minor in Business Administration. I am seeking a challenging career which affords me the opportunities to use my passion & strengths like critical thinking, creativity, & problem-solving to not only lessen a firm’s risk but also give the company an edge.
- Bachelor of Arts in Security Management | Minor: Business Administration
- American Military University, Charles Town, WV
- Communication and Conflict Management
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow me to be influential as well as motivational.
- Training in tactical, strategical, and de-escalation communication techniques.
- Proven history and ability to connect & communicate with people at all levels and backgrounds.
- Proven ability to communicate with diverse personalities. From cultural to personality dimensions.
- Professional Advanced training in “Verbal Judo”, the gentle art of Persuasion for tactical communications.
- Have been involved in well over 1,000 high-risk incidents where communication was needed.
- Used my communication abilities to de-escalate a situation of an armed female who was suicidal and wanted me to kill her in front of her fourteen-year-old son.
- De-escalated thousands of real-time, high-risk conflicts throughout my career using communication.
- Two published articles which topics including communications with a reach to over a half-million people.
- Strategic Risk Assessments
- Performed security surveys of residential and commercial structures, pushing to mitigate the risk.
- Worked with stakeholders to identify threats & vulnerabilities to lower the risk of adverse events.
- Educated & trained community members on how to lower the risk of adverse events.
- Actual real-life crisis and conflict management experience in high-stress environments.
- Designed and implemented security programs at Bass Pro to lower risk of loss events.
- Every call I went to as a Deputy Sheriff, threats & vulnerabilities needed to be identified, risk needed to be quantified, and contingency plans made, all within minutes with minimal data.
- Security Management
- Proven problem-solver in stressful times; received the Commendable Service Award in 2008.
- Helped start a new management style at Bass Pro which led to a rise in productivity.
- Led deputies and civilians, during hundreds of high-stress situations as a first responder.
- Doubled the internal investigations by hard work and leadership at Bass Pro Shops.
- Assisted with training on several topics with Deputy Trainee’s, including risk and leadership.
- Two articles published in a magazine referencing strategic leadership and strategy in general.
- Emergency and Incident Management
- Initially organized multiple of emergency response team efforts.
- Medically trained as well as aiding in dozens of traumas, CPR, gunshots, stabbings, and more.
- Advanced training in emergency management, critical infrastructure, and other critical topics.
- Hundreds of hours of research on communication and human social interactions in group settings.
- Advanced CPTED research and experience that has led to multiple theories of Site Security Design.
- Advanced research on social psychology topics, mainly group interactions and the theories involved.
- Criminal psychology and economic theories and their application to security design.
- Corporate espionage, industrial and economic, as a national security threat.
- 3.98 Major GPA
- Alpha Phi Sigma and Golden Key International Honor Societies
- Dean’s List Throughout College
- Commendable Service Award (BCSO)