Matthew Day, CECI, CSSM
A public safety and security management professional who is a decorated former law enforcement officer with over 10 years of experience in risk identification, crisis communications, training, and security awareness in multiple environments. A creative and analytical problem solver seeking to leverage acquired experience, academic and professional knowledge.
Areas of professional expertise:
- Security Awareness & Training
- Security Risk Management
- Intelligence and Data Analysis
Bachelor’s Degree in security management 06/2016 – 03/2018
- Concentration: Information Security
- Minor: Business Administration
- GPA: 3.9 (Graduated with honors)
American Military University, Charles Town, WV
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS DEMONSTRATED
O’DONNELL SCHEDULE CONSULTING 06/2017 – Present
A small, non-enterprise, start-up firm that schedules construction for commercial work as well as other clients.
Responsible for the management and implementation of both the physical and information security programs for the entire firm to reduce the exposure the firm has to loss events.
- Communication: Negotiate projects with potential vendors as well as communicating with executive management on security-related issues.
- Intelligence and data analysis: Conduct research to develop policies and procedures to lower the risk of loss events and well as gathering actionable intelligence through OSINT to develop a working knowledge of security threats.
OPTICAL ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY 02/2012 – 06/2016
A photography company with over 100 customers that leveraged technology to produce, develop and sell photography services.
Responsible for the promotion, sales, and leadership of photography projects. Managed and directed the entire lifecycle of projects from conception, creation, production, and sale.
- Communication: Developed and directed promotional material for projects that lead to an increase in worldwide brand awareness. Up over 20% a year for 4 years.
- Leadership: Developed, organized, and directed over 40 photography projects throughout their entire life-cycle. From pre-planning to production to sales.
BREVARD COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE 02/2005 – 01/2012
A large law enforcement agency with over 400 sworn deputies. Agency is responsible for patrolling an area of over 1,000 square miles with a population of 568,000 diverse people.
Responsible for responding to calls for service throughout Brevard County. Responsible for the planning, managing, and development of investigations into crimes. Also performed crime prevention training and assessments.
- Investigations: Performed and managed well over 500 hundred investigations that ranged from simple battery crimes to an initial responder/investigator to homicide or suspicious death incidents.
- Intelligence and Data Analysis: Gathered and led efforts to obtain actionable intelligence to assist in conducting investigations. Used Microsoft Excel and Word to visualize intelligence gathered.
- Communication: Improved relations with the community I was assigned by earning trust. Spoke to thousands of individuals from diverse backgrounds to investigate, assist, or coordinate activities and investigations. Excelled at quick decision-making and communicating in dangerous crisis situations. Also wrote detailed reports for prosecution.
- Security Awareness & Training: Planned and coordinated several dozen safety and security awareness training for civilians. Assisted the public with the design and coordination of crime prevention aides.
BASS PRO SHOPS OUTDOOR WORLD 03/2004 – 05/2005
An outdoor recreation store that was over 60,000 square feet in size, approximately 200 employees, and would have an average daily customer count in the tens of thousands as well as millions of dollars in sales per day.
Lead Loss Prevention Agent
Assist in the management of the loss prevention department. Supervise a staff ranging from 6-9 employees, organize scheduling and delegate task to employees. All while leading the internal investigations section.
- Investigations: Directed, influenced, and conducted internal investigations for the store which produced a more than 50% increase than the prior year.
- Communication: Directed, influenced others to complete task and investigations as the leader of the internal investigations section.
- Safety and Security Awareness Training: Planned and oversaw the development and implantation of security awareness training to employees. Everything from internal theft to physical security best practices.
- Leadership: Led a team of professionals to protect the store from losses. Developed and managed the internal investigations section of the department.
Board Certified Expert in Cyber Investigations (CECI): Mcafee Institute, expires 03/2020
Cyber Intelligence Analysis, Social Media Intelligence Analysis, E-commerce Fraud Investigations, Organized Retail Crime Investigations, Cyber Counterintelligence.
Certified in Security Supervision and Management (CSSM): IFPO, expires 03/2020
Law Officer Magazine – Contributing Writer: Write well-research articles on law enforcement training, operations, community policing, and current topics. (2017-present)
Law Enforcement Today – Author: Write articles on training to better the law enforcement community. (2017 – Present)
Palm Bay East Little League – Manager: Led and inspired 8-9-year-old kids at baseball turning them into winners as well as making sure they learned teamwork, respect, and most importantly had fun. (2012).
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
Advanced Training: Death Investigations, Crisis Communications, Narcotics Investigations, Media Communication, Tactical Firearms, Data Analysis, INFOSEC, Full Stack Web Development, Active Shooter, Interview and Interrogation Techniques, Human Behavior, and more.